Last year around this time everyone was getting ready for the Desktop Summit. I couldn’t make it and I could still kick myself for it tbh. Watching it remotely was rather painful as the information flow wasn’t as good as it could have been. So I promised myself two things for this year’s Akademy: 1) I’m soooooo going to be there. 2) I’m going to help make it easier on the people who can not go for whatever reason.
So here is the run-up of resources you will need to keep up-to-date on all things Akademy while it is happening in 2 weeks:
- identi.ca: search for akademy, the @akademy account and the !akademy group
- twitter: search for akademy and the @akademy account
- flickr: search for the tag akademy
- the irc channel: #akademy on freenode
- the dot
- the workshop and BoF schedule
- various etherpad installations to follow live meeting notes (ask your specific team if they have one)
- place for slides of the talks will be announced later
- talks will be recorded and if there are no major ooopses uploaded after the event
Most of them have RSS feeds you can subscribe to – use them
If there is anything else that would be helpful please leave a note in the comments.
Now if you are going to be in Tampere and going to make the world rock more, spread the coolness:
- identi.ca: join the !akademy group (you can’t post without joining) and post about what you’re doing
- identi.ca: poke me, Claudia or Kenny to get useful stuff posted to @akademy
- twitter: tweet about cool stuff and tag it with #akademy
- twitter: poke me, Claudia or Kenny to get useful stuff posted to @akademy
- flickr: upload photos and tag them with #akademy and #akademy2010
- write blog posts and have it aggregated to planetKDE
- ping jefferai to get etherpad set up for your team for live meeting notes if your team doesn’t have one yet (I know at least promo and edu do)
- if you’re a speaker: get your slides to the program committee, the friendly folks who sent you your talk confirmation
And you might have guessed it already…
Hmmm and while I’m at it I might as well create some buzz for my talks, right? So I’ll be doing 3 talks it seems:
- Pimp my Community
- Highlights of KDE Women 2010 (with Celeste, Alexandra, Anne and others)
- KDE’s wikis – getting closer to world domination with SMW and SMW+
Be there! You know you want to I’ll also be doing 3 BoF’s on git, community and wikis for those interested. Oh and I’m writing on a paper on mentoring to accompany my community talk. I’ll post it here when it’s published.
CU in Tampere!