I’m looking forward to this since the last parties about 5 month ago. This time I asked one of our Google Code-in students, Arushi, to help me. Here is what she writes:
It is that time of the year again when you can get together and celebrate KDE’s latest major releases. Many people put in their efforts to launch the latest version of the software. So, now it’s time to sit back, relax, have fun and appreciate the result
The party is all about you. A wiki page for 4.8 release parties has also been created for you to add your name as an organizer. The best part is that you get to choose where you want the party to take place :D. This is a great cause for celebration.
- The KDE Community will meet all around the world for a fun time to celebrate the 4.8 releases.
- Anyone can organize a party. Just add it to the wiki and invite people to sign up.
- Parties are preferably within one week of the release on 25th of January.
- What happens at the party is up to you (as I said the party is all about you !!) Your local event could be anything from meeting for drinks to an all-out event with talks, demos or an UpgradeFest. Be creative!
- Everyone is welcome – contributors, soon-to-be contributors, users, and anyone else who just wants to celebrate.
- You can even have a dress code for the occasion, now how cool is that!
Well then what are you waiting for? Get started and have fun 😉